Tuesday 30 June 2009

A fun day at Martin Mere June 2009

The family fun w/e at Martin Mere was very successful. There was a circus theme and the children enjoyed face painting, circus acts, craft stalls and competitions as well as the usual attractions










As I was supposed to be working I did have to limit my time away from the information desk - well in theory anyway!!
The Chilean flamingos were as colourful as ever but seemed to be half asleep in the afternoon heat. The Greater Flamingos have produced 9 chicks so far and there are still a few eggs left to hatch.




A Coscoroba Swan takes an afternoon stroll




An Andean Goose






and 2 babies






Trumpeter Swan with her 3 babies (I believe there should be 4 but I could only see 3)








For the rest it seemed to be bath time -













well perhaps almost all !





This is Boris a Spur Winged Goose, he is quite a character and not to be argued with! He has a spur on the elbow of each wing which is used in defence and believe me he does know how to use his!!







If you look above the exit door as usual we have a family of swallows




And - Oh dear it's been a long hard day, did I hear someone say that I have to do it all again tomorrow?




No comments: