Sunday 20 January 2008

Whooper swans and friends

The demoiselle crane. I always think these remind me of a grandad, to me they look as though they have long white hair! I know the little men in white coats are waiting at the door to take me away!!




A mandarin duck looking rather bored in the juvenile pen.


A wood duck admiring himself as any man would !



3pm at the swan hide again. Too late to get any landings today but the light wasn't very good anyway.



This one is a bit skew-whiff i know, sorry, but can you spot the interloper in the foreground?!








Sadly the light was fast fading when we arrived with the long tailed duck / old squaw (not sure I like either of these names, I am sure he deserves better than that!) As you will see he soon became bored with us and fell asleep. Ah well time to go home!







1 comment:

Anya and Lisa said...

I think your reflections are perfect.. but then they are my favourites!
Ax