Saturday 29 March 2008

Blackpool 27th March

Everyone who knows me knows how much I just love Blackpool!!!! With Anya and Sarah there was no getting out of this one but I thought - armed with camera I may feel differently about the place so off we trundled. Unfortunately there are a lot of alterations taking place in Blackpool at the moment so it was difficult to get near the prom, there were barriers and ropes everywhere but not one workman in site! We did however breach their defences to take these photos and - no - I did not go for a paddle.







In the morning we went to the water park where I was persuaded to go on a water slide - just a gentle one - oh yes - gentle by whose standards?!! The nice man at the top told me to hang on but I am sure he added "for dear life" just as he pushed me over the edge. On the first turn I spun around and went the rest of the way down backwards. I decided to enjoy the pool and the wave effects after that experience and thought it wise to let the others go off and have fun on the other slides. Us oldies know our place!


Part of the offending slide!





After a fish and chip lunch we went for a walk on the beach. Well what else but donkeys do you expect on Blackpool beach -










Thomas loved them too except that his had to answer the call of nature in the middle of the ride - obviously this has been censored!







Then we couldn't go without looking at the rock -






and sweets -







Oh and the trams are back in circulation having been cleaned up etc.







Audition for Nancy but where is Andrew?







Recognize me?






The day was completed with ice creams, gulls included in the feast.









Don't know how this one could fly off after that feast.






I absolutely refuse to go anywhere near this ride but it's good to watch the other fools who do go on it. In fact now that there is a charge to go into the pleasure beach I will probably never go in there again!










No comments: