Thursday 5 June 2008

Anyone for honey?

Tried my hand at some macro shots today, they aren't brilliant but I have to practice so you have to view them!
I thought that the bees always carried the pollen on their hind legs - I don't think these bees have heard of that rule. Some of them were absolutely covered in pollen it's a good job they don't suffer from hay fever!













This doesn't look like pollen on the leg but if it's a mite it's a mighty big one in relation to the poor old bee.












Coming in to land!




















And of course this would not be complete without moley - he got a headache from the roller so moved just slightly over to the right last night!




The others are still active near the hedge.






A few flowers to finish off!



I love this one although each flower only lasts for 24 hours. They look as though they are made from tissue paper.



1 comment:

Anya and Lisa said...

love your bees on the daisy.. very very good..
Ax