Saturday 19 July 2008

Back at Martin Mere

We have all heard of the teddy bear's picnic well this was the pigeon's picnic! Or were they just after the designer wellies?



Andean geese.
I think these are lovely, they seem very proud.










Hey I am here, wait for me!





The crowned crane is still very shy and hides at the back of the pen. She is awaiting her mate!






These are the new arrivals - the crested screamers.
They seemed camera shy - they will get used to us I am sure!












These next 2 are more for my benefit, I was experimenting with the camera settings. They are both taken with the shutter priority setting - one with 1/1000 sec and one with 1/60 sec. It is interesting to see how different they are. Obviously the faster shutter speed freezes the water and in the other the water is more blurred but it's not as clear unless you enlarge the pix. Well I have to show that I am learning something from all the workshops I am attending!









No comments: