Thursday 13 November 2008

Autumn walk around Standish

What with weather, telephone and central heating problems lately I haven't had the heart, time or inclination to get out taking photos but yesterday I did make the effort and took my 4 legged friend with me around Standish.
We started off towards Ashfield Park, the paths here are lovely more so because of the absence of the dreaded road signs. It was lovely to aim the camera and not have to worry about a 'no entry' or 'men at work' sign! Although it was cold it was bright and it wasn't raining for a change.














As it was during the day there were no children around just other fellow dog walkers. To the right of this path are the football pitches for the local junior teams.





Then no sooner had I come out onto Wigan Lane I turned off down Lurdin Lane so peace again and no traffic.






But - out onto Chorley Rd and straight away into road works, not one workman around just plenty of holes in the road!






Aha is this one of the illusive workmen, no it appears not they have just been resurfacing another part of the road and they are packing up now.







Then on up Rectory Lane again more falling leaves but sadly the light is going and I still have at least another mile to go.






Under the railway bridge.





Looking to my left towards the golf course -






Past the Owls at Standish.






Onto the golf course and I suddenly find myself up to my knees in mud (Tom will know how that feels!) but it's too late to turn back so on we go.




The last tree on the golf course just near to the exit by Cranleigh. Home at last and time for a quick wash down for Poppy in the kitchen sink before her mother sees her!! Please remind me never to go across the golf course again except in the middle of a drought!




1 comment:

Anya and Lisa said...

Really lovely pix Jen.. looks like you had a good walk, hope the hip was not too sore afterwards. Tom certainly remembers the golf club mud, how would I ever let him forget
Ax