Friday 9 July 2010

London Wetlands Centre, Barnes

We managed a morning at the London Wetland Centre. Anya had warned me that it was nothing like Martin Mere and she was right!! Firstly you aren't allowed to feed the birds and apart from the parakeets on the wild side and a few ducks in the collection you were left with only the gardens to admire! Oh and of course the planes cruising overhead at least one every minute. I think the highlights for me were the statue of Sir Peter Scott at the entrance and the abundance of butterflies and the five spot Burnet moth. Now I know why Anya always likes to visit MM whenever she comes up to Wigan! One thing I did notice is that their hides are extremely well maintained - you could almost eat off the floor - but give me MM any day!!






































1 comment:

SCCM said...

Virgin Atlantic Airways !! BA next time please ?