Sunday 3 August 2008

In and around Ormskirk, West Lancs.

After visiting the Fairy Wing Repair Shop I had a stroll around Ormskirk. It is a busy market town on 2 days each week but today it was relatively quiet and the weather unbearably hot.




Ormskirk Parish Church ( please see blog dated 16th June '08) - this time I wandered around the church yard to get some different views. It seemed very peaceful in the shade of the huge trees. I sat down on the path in a couple of places not only to rest but to absorb the beautiful surroundings.










































I found this very 'private' gate off the main road. It's so private I think it's almost forgotten!










This looks a very inviting although somewhat empty pub in the centre of the town. I can imagine it being full to the front and back on market days.












Emanuel Church I found near to the station.






Taken from one of the many bridges over the railway line near to the station.









This is at the top of Station Road - a strange building, extremely thin at one end but widening out at the other. It is now a hairdressers very aptly named 'The Cutting Edge'. I can't seem to find anything about it's origin but would be pleased to hear from anyone who does have any details.








No comments: