Thursday 25 September 2008

Martin Mere - animal magic

Last w/e was animal magic time at Martin Mere again. It was a hot day and I was helping on the information desk during the morning. I had hoped to go out for an hour to take photos of the visiting animals before going home at lunch time. However by that time it was so busy it was impossible to get any good shots, it was teeming with people and there were children everywhere! Apparently there were over 4,700 visitors that w/e - I am sure they were all there that Saturday morning.
The meerkats were in a small enclosure outside and seemed intent only on escaping! They did take time out to pose for me though.









The husky dogs were outside the front entrance and seemed hot and tired, they couldn't get out of the sun.









The birds of prey were in the courtyard which was absolutely crowded and all my photos of them are either blurred or out of focus! At this point I decided to beat a hasty retreat.


1 comment:

Anya and Lisa said...

They are all good, but love the eyes of the meerkat in photo number one...
Ax