Thursday 1 January 2009

Good weather for frostbite!

Over the Christmas holidays Sarah has kindly shown me the walk that she does with Poppy, it takes about an hour and is not for the faint hearted! The first couple of days I dressed up warm with neoprene gloves, insulated coat etc etc etc - I must have looked like the michelin man! It was frosty but the sun did come out during the middle of the day. After the first mile I was quite warm and enjoying the fresh air.





Poppy met some new friends, Sheeba wasn't that interested and preferred to go off on her own.






Please can we have some more polo mints!!?



You can still see the frost on the back of the field where the sun hadn't reached.








Then one morning we went for a short walk to get the papers and this is what met us . . . .








. . . .thick freezing fog. I managed to take these 3 photos (with 2 pairs of gloves on) but by then I had lost the plot! I couldn't even hold the dog lead and had to dash for the warmth of home and a bowl of hot water for my hands. Now I know why I have never been skiing or mountain climbing! I also know how painful frostbite is, my fingers are still a bit discoloured at times but hopefully they will return to normal soon.




- - - Happy New Year to all - - -

1 comment:

Anya and Lisa said...

Happy new Year to you as well, the last few photos look C-O-L-D, but I am sorry you seem to be back to square one with your hands..
Ax