Saturday 17 January 2009

Moorhens and kick boxing!

There was an exhibition of model railways and boats at Martin Mere today but I left the boys with their toys and ventured out and about before the sun disappeared. My first stop was the Swan Link Hide but the mere was rather quiet. It was too early for the Whooper swans, they usually start returning about 2 ish but then I noticed these 2 Moorhens practicing kick boxing. They kept boxing so I kept clicking, I know they aren't brilliant photos but I like them!

















Then I walked along to the Gladstone Hide and got a totally different view of the Mere. Must try that again with other lens, may be good for the Whoopers landing but don't tell Anya!







The Chilean Flamingos were having their afternoon nap. I can sleep sitting up but standing on one leg - now that is a different matter!





And finally I made for the warmth of the main building to thaw out.





1 comment:

Anya and Lisa said...

More good pix, especially number 5 and also the reflection of the flamingoes.. mmmmmm lovely
Ax