Saturday 25 April 2009

Wigan Family Chiropractic Clinic - update

If you have read the entry on 17th March you will know that I have been having treatment at the Wigan Family Chiropractic clinic. For anyone in and around Wigan who is interested this is the building in Bridgeman Terrace.
As is usual for this type of back problem it came on suddenly without any warning, I found I was unable to move for a while and the pain was unbearable.
I started off with 2 treatments each week and after the 4th session I began to feel the benefits, after the 5th I could walk more easily and after the 7th I was back in the pool exercising and doing a little swimming. I still use the ice packs although not always 4 times a day - just when the pain reminds me that I have a problem. In the last few days it has only been first thing in the morning but tonight when I really needed one - shock horror none of them were actually ready in the freezer! In one way that is a good thing as it shows that I am not relying on them but then perhaps I do need more than three ice packs!!!!!





I have now reduced to 1 session per week and I think secretly Cosmic is really missing me! Last week when I went he was waiting for me in the consulting room - he was obviously frightened of missing me, no, it's really nothing to do with the treats I take for him, definitely not!!!
Next week I am hoping to learn how to exercise on the gym ball, see below, it's blown up ready and waiting! I have to say it is causing some confusion in the house, Sheeba and Poppy aren't quite sure which ball is theirs now.


Mmmmmmmm let me think . . .



Yes I have the right one the other must be for you Sheeba!



I must again say a big 'thank you' to all at the clinic, especially Mike and the girls on reception for making me feel welcome and relaxed (well as relaxed as I could be in the first 2 weeks!). The treatment has been first class and I have no doubt that I will be seeing more of you in the future. Oops we mustn't forget Cosmic - thanks for keeping me company in reception but please do try to stay indoors at night you do worry me when you go fighting!

1 comment:

Anya and Lisa said...

Glad you are feeling so much better.. I don't think you would have been thanking Mike a few weeks ago!!! Now no relapses befpre Gay Pareeee please
Ax