Thursday 30 July 2009

Sacre-Coeur

Sacre-Coeur stands on the highest point in Paris and provides some of the finest panoramic views of the city. The Basillica is approached by a series of steps and narrow winding streets but the view from the top makes it all worthwhile. I did think I may need oxygen by the time I arrived at the top but I managed with a rest whilst admiring the view!








Despite their sign of 'no photos' they had better things to discuss than to watch me with my camera!



At last nearly there.




Oh no not more steps!









To think I had walked all that way up, we didn't even ride on the funicular!















The surrounding streets are crowded with artists trying to sell their works. Most were happy to be photographed but a few were rather rude and turned away when they saw a camera pointed at them.

















No comments: